Taking tab requests...

Discuss all things related to Michael Hedges

Taking tab requests...

Postby fgarden555 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:54 am

I am new to this forum, but hope to make some valuable contributions soon. I've been spreading the Hedges gospel for a few years now and have wondered how I could make a bigger impact. I just got my account activated last night and wanted to let everyone know what I've been up to. I transcribed "Chava's Song" and posted it up on http://www.ultimate-guitar.com in PowerTab format. I did it for my own personal use but thought others may enjoy it. Realizing that not everyone has a harp guitar, I'm in the process of transcribing Michael's arrangement of "Sofa No. 1" and am hoping that that reaches a few more people to remind them not only how great Hedges was, but Zappa as well. I also just agreed to do a transcription of Michael's arrangement of "Prelude 1 to Bach's Cello Suite in G Major".

So what I'm asking is: are there any of Michael's tunes that are hard, or impossible to find performance resources for, but would benefit the guitar community to have on record? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
fgarden555

Re: Taking tab requests...

Postby fgarden555 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:56 am

FYI... If anyone doesn't have PowerTab, or would like a copy of Chava's Song in PDF format; I'd be glad to hook you up with it. Just PM me your email address. :mrgreen:
fgarden555

Postby Mike81 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:54 pm

I'd love a tab for aerial boundaries, in just a regular tab format(don't have power tab or tab pro or anything). Not sure my left hand could handle it though lol.
Mike81

Postby PostModernOne » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:16 pm

REQUESTS?!??!?!?!??!!?!?

Okay.

"You Can Have Anything You Want"

"Larry's Instrumental"

Sir, those would be amazing...... :mrgreen:
PostModernOne

Postby fgarden555 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Mike81 wrote:I'd love a tab for aerial boundaries, in just a regular tab format(don't have power tab or tab pro or anything). Not sure my left hand could handle it though lol.

There is a so-so quality tab for "Aerial Boundaries" in Powertab format on http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/. If you don't have Powertab, it is a free program and is really nice to have!

PostModernOne wrote:REQUESTS?!??!?!?!??!!?!?

Okay.

"You Can Have Anything You Want"

"Larry's Instrumental"

Sir, those would be amazing...... :mrgreen:

I will see what I can do!
fgarden555

Postby tinsmith » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:02 pm

I gave him a pretty good one...anyone else is welcome to it.
tinsmith

Postby fgarden555 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:36 am

fgarden555 wrote:I'm in the process of transcribing Michael's arrangement of "Sofa No. 1" and am hoping that that reaches a few more people to remind them not only how great Hedges was, but Zappa as well.

The rough draft is done and is currently being looked over by both Andrew Gorny as well as former Stropes student Kevin Horrigan. Hope to have a cover posted on YouTube soon!
fgarden555

Postby LowdenF24 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:07 pm

I would hesitate to post any tabs for pieces officially published in Michael's book.

Jeff
LowdenF24

Postby PostModernOne » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:38 am

I have bought and used all the Stropes tabs. I will gladly pay for any approved tabs out there.
PostModernOne

Postby fgarden555 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:49 am

LowdenF24 wrote:I would hesitate to post any tabs for pieces officially published in Michael's book.

Jeff

I would hesitate to try and make a "better" transcription than Stropes has already done. I'm making versions of songs that either don't already exist, or there are no good ones for. None of mine would be "official" tabs, but would be significantly better than what's currently available.
fgarden555

Next

Return to Michael Hedges