Welll....

Discuss all things related to Michael Hedges

Welll....

Postby PostModernOne » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:06 am

Okay, let me see if anyone reads this.

I was talking to a student the other day and he asked me when Michael Hedges peaked in popularity.

He got a huge amount of press for Taproot. There are clips of him being on Mtv and Charlie Rose. Would that be the high point since after that came the Road to Return and then the audiences began to get smaller. Things began to pick up after Oracle, though.

Any thoughts?
PostModernOne

Re: Welll....

Postby tinsmith » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:38 am

Taproot I was not a huge fan of nor the road to Return, but when I listened to Oracle, I thought it was amazing.....I loved Torched too although after his death.
Although a huge fan, I did not find everything wonderful......some I didn't care for...I can still have an opinion, can't I?

Sorry there aren't many of us left Post-M-one....to bad really
tinsmith

Postby PostModernOne » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:36 pm

I can see Taproot being for a selected taste. My opinions have shifted on it through the years. I now consider it wonderful but I have to change my gears to not expect acoustic guitars. I am willing to guess that he decided to make that leap out of the acoustic realm so that he would have a career expectation outside of the Windham Hill stereotype which he used to bristle over.

My question was really geared more towards in terms of people knowing who the hell he was as the legacy of Michael Hedges is slowly going into the ether. My students still use this site as a resource (as do I) but I feel that unless it is used more, it may shut down. A damn shame.
PostModernOne

Postby tinsmith » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:28 pm

I was on the other board as were you I believe......we've both dug deep into his history & discography......
I hope you will be able to recommend this postmod....
tinsmith

Return to Michael Hedges