Anyone still active on this site??

Discuss all things related to Michael Hedges

Anyone still active on this site??

Postby simon4h » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:01 pm

Hey...it's a bit quiet out there!

I've been a visitor to the Rootwitch site for years but rarely posted anything. Not sure if anyone else had the same problem but for a few years there
I was not able to log into this forum. Kept getting an error message saying that the forum was down.

I see that there have been a few posts though during that time...anyone else get the same?
simon4h

Re: Anyone still active on this site??

Postby PostModernOne » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:40 pm

HEY! I'm still around. It seems most of the action is on Facebook, but I still visit this site as much as possible.

I have a bad feeling that we are officially out os new Michael hedges videos from the world. I know there are tapes in the vault from live shows, but Sony must have the rights to them.

Still, any ideas if there MAY be some unearthed videos out there??
PostModernOne

Postby tinsmith » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:47 pm

I still pop in, now & then.......
tinsmith

Postby Modoc » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:36 pm

I still check in every once in a blue moon. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that most of Michael's fanbase was older, and doesn't spend much time on internet message boards.

As far as performance footage though, I am astounded by the amount of high-quality audio/video that is floating around out there on YouTube and the Dime-a-Dozen torrent site. Michael was a niche musician, and in the grand scheme of the music industry he was pretty much "small potatoes," but there is so much out there at this point that it is overwhelming, thanks in no small part to Randy Lutge who has released hundreds of Hedges performance videos from the early days on his YouTube channel. I have about 50 audio shows spanning his whole career, and many of them are high-quality soundboards. I don't know of any other artist on his level that has been so well represented by "unofficial" recordings.
Modoc

Postby PostModernOne » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Yeah, there is a great deal out there, but I guess I see some gaps in the history. I cannot find him doing "So You Wanna Be a Rock and Roll Star" anywhere. There are no videos of him doing Pinball Wizard. Also videos of him and Michael Manring with the dancer they had on one tour. Don't get me wrong, I am SOOOOOOO grateful for what is on Youtube, but I suppose that I wonder if the well has one dry? Yes, there is plenty out there, but I know there is even more to be had.
PostModernOne

Postby tinsmith » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:09 pm

I still visit.....not much happening
tinsmith

Postby PostModernOne » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Yeah. I noticed that too. Probably the error message you get via the main page.

How are things going?
PostModernOne

Postby tinsmith » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:39 pm

I.m still visiting occasionally
tinsmith

Return to Michael Hedges