Works in progress??

Showcase your music and YouTube videos.

Works in progress??

Postby rudemechanic » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi everyone;

Glad the forum is back!

For the guitarists here, what new material are you working on? I am trying to polish up some spots in Ragamuffin, trying to apply some string stopping particularly, and play to full speed.

I am also working through two Tommy Emmanuel songs, Bella Soave and Angelina. Deceptively simple.

I have a long list of tunes on my to-do list, but I am really trying to get each song to near-performance level before I move on. I hate to go on and pick up something new without finalizing a piece, because I have been really bad about that. For example, I can play Bensusan reasonably well, but not to the level I would like, but I went on and worked out some Don Ross stuff instead. I need to go back to it...

How about everyone else??

Cheers!!

John J.
rudemechanic

Re: Works in progress??

Postby bhelm » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:37 pm

hey, john!

i think you and i have alot in common, not only in our musical taste, but our practicing habbits seem the same as well. i too am working on ragamuffin, i am currently working on the outro to the song (which is much, much harder than i thought it would be.) the first chord of that bit is very tricky cause it is such a wide stretch, have you seen the somerville video? his pinky seems huge it literally looks as long as my index finger. i think i have the other parts down pretty well, although my rythem can be a bit sloppy at times.

take care, and i will post a video on youtube and share it with you once i find time.
bhelm

Postby rudemechanic » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:42 pm

nuts... wrote a big reply and it vaporized. i don't remember a big stretch there, but i will check out the MH version you cited. I will post a vid of me after the holidays, just for kicks...
rudemechanic

Postby LowdenF24 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:13 pm

I had a 7-string built a few years ago specifically to play some of Michael's tunings like 2nd Law (A[D]ADGBD), but have found the instrument really does not like playing down to low A. So, lately, I've been playing with arranging some Ackerman pieces for the instrument. Lately, I've been experimenting with BEF#C#EBC#, which actually has proven pretty flexible.

Jeff
LowdenF24

Return to Showcase