Web Cam recommendations anyone?

Showcase your music and YouTube videos.

Web Cam recommendations anyone?

Postby Badger » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:44 am

Well... I think it's time I get around to doing the youtube thing and posting some videos. I find that when I'm booking gigs people always ask if I have anything posted on youtube. I haven't recorded a disc or anything and although I plan to do so down the road, posting a video or two seems a lot easier. (and affordable). So I'm looking for advice as far as a camera and software goes. I'm thinking web cam?...maybe logitech pro 9000?...Or who knows maybe a digital camcorder? Any thoughts folks?
Thanks.
Badger
Badger

Re: Web Cam recommendations anyone?

Postby Mike81 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:01 am

bump.... looking to make some videos too in the near future, and my current camcorder belongs in a museum lol. Need something digital with a good mic on it for recording...any recommendations?
Mike81

Postby fgarden555 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:15 pm

The problem with most web cams and even digital camcorders is the audio, not the video. You have to use a separate audio track and then splice them together in movie maker to sound okay. I use a Zoom Q3 camera for my videos and it does a pretty good job at both in one step with no editing required, and it's portable! The audio is awesome, and the video is good but not great. They make a Zoom Q3 HD now that solves the video quality problem. If anyone cares to see some of the videos they are on my channel: http://www.youtube.com/fgarden555
fgarden555

Postby Mike81 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Just what i was looking for, thanks.
Mike81

Return to Showcase