Complete "The Artist's Profile" Video on YouTube

Post links and discuss web related items

Complete "The Artist's Profile" Video on YouTube

Postby fgarden555 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:51 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBPKmyH1f2w

This video has been expensive and hard to find for a long time. Someone took the time to convert and upload the entire video onto YouTube for the world to see with this disclaimer in the description:

"This is an extremely rare concert/documentary on Michael Hedges released in 1998. The video contains live interviews with Hedges as well as concert footage of an unreleased Lake Tahoe concert and has a few songs with Michael Manring, his bassist compadre. The stage is right on the water, which makes for an unforgettable experience. Sadly, Michael Hedges died in 1997 due to a car accident. This video is meant to preserve his musical genius as well as his fantastic personality. Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: Artist Profile is property of PBS. Because PBS did not profit from this video (because of viewers like you) and neither do I, I feel that this video is part (or should be part) of the public archive. The Artist Profile is no longer available for sale, so this is the only method in preserving this video for future generations. I hope that Youtube views my reasoning to keep this video up."

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
fgarden555

Re: Complete "The Artist's Profile" Video on YouTube

Postby PostModernOne » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:22 pm

I believe I wrote you a thank you reply via Youtube. Regardless, I would like to say thank you again. Because of the zombie carnage that happened after Michael Hedges' death between the family, the manager and the multinational record company that owns the masters, it is very likely that nothing will,ever come of his legacy. The generations will pass and inferior copies will replace him. At least Hendrix had people fighting for his legacy.
PostModernOne

Re: Complete "The Artist's Profile" Video on YouTube

Postby fgarden555 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:31 pm

I didn't post the video, but a big thanks to whoever did. I'm trying to do my part to preserve his legacy. A small part, but at least it's something!
fgarden555

Return to On The Net