Has anyone ever met Mr. Stropes

Discuss miscellaneous items

Re: Has anyone ever met Mr. Stropes

Postby LowdenF24 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:00 pm

alardner, I'm not questioning John's "legit-ness". Just curious about the fact that's he's all but off the radar screen.

Youtube video's of students at your university confirm that there is a program and some talent there. And "the book" itself lends incredible credibility.

But why aren't there any Youtube videos of John? Why do we never hear about his playing? Does he compose?

Heck, he and Michael worked together on "the book". I'm sure he has some anecdotes to share that many would love to hear.

Maybe I am calling him out. But it's a calling to join a wider community who presumably would welcome him with open arms.

And what's his take on lint?

Jeff
LowdenF24

Postby alardner » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:21 pm

_
Last edited by alardner on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alardner

Postby LowdenF24 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:11 am

alardner wrote:I see a lot of people on here make a lot of assumptions about John without knowing a thing about him, it's pretty unfortunate.

The best way to avoid misconceptions is to step up and speak.

Especially under the subject of Michael, which has appeared to be kept under the cloud of secrecy since his death. It's the same thing with Hilleary Burgess who has been utterly vilified for his silence in the community.

Perception is that John (and Hilleary) have a wealth of video, audio, anecdotes and other material that fans are starving to share. Perception is that those closest to Michael are willing to let his legacy fade away - which I am sure is furthest from their intent.

Until voices are heard, people will believe what they want to believe.

Jeff
LowdenF24

Postby alardner » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Last edited by alardner on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alardner

Postby tinsmith » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:14 pm

I think Stropes is an asshat....The way he deleted my posts on his site to make himself look good.
He takes all this credit for notion of Hedges music.....he coulda done a better job.

That man sucks. He is a dickhead & I don't care who doesn't care for what I just wrote.
Too fringin' bad. I get sick of hearing how wonderful he is.......barf........
tinsmith

Postby alardner » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:20 am

Last edited by alardner on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alardner

Postby tinsmith » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:35 am

I haven't been to his site in ten years.

Big deal I spelled a word improperly...notation...is that better?

I'm just telling you my experience & my opinion of him....you don't like it, too badski.
tinsmith

Postby LowdenF24 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:44 am

alardner wrote:We work with a lot of John's footage of Michael, so I can tell you that others' perception (if this is indeed anyone's perception but your own) is is inaccurate. John has toured the world to give lectures on Michael, with accompanying anecdotes and video, so I don't really see where any of this has any validity here. I suggest you call Hilleary if you want answers to some of these things and leave John out of it.

When and where has/will John "toured the world"? I'd love to meet the man and hear what he has to say.

I'd say I have my ear pretty close to the ground regarding all things MH. John is more mythological than a thriving part of the community.

I'm not knocking him - only stressing that if he really cares about the subject, he should become more visible.

Lack of visibility creates the opportunity for people to come to their own conclusions.

If there is "a lot of John's footage of Michael" somewhere other than collecting dust in a film tin, then please share it. Hoarding benefits no one.
LowdenF24

Previous

Return to Misc.