Outage

Discuss miscellaneous items

Outage

Postby Rootwitch » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:06 pm

Sorry for the outage, folks. I switched my hosting service from Windows to Unix, and although they assured me my databases would remain intact, they were deleted in the move. As this is a database driven forum, that means everything was lost and the forum needed to be rebuilt. As it happens, this is a new version of the forum software, and it took me a little time to get my head around. So, please re-register, and make yourself at home... Again. :D
Rootwitch
Site Admin

Re: Outage

Postby Rootwitch » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:32 am

Herbert -

Na, no backup - It's a database provided by the web hosting provider, so I have little control over it. Sorry....

I'd be happy to add more categories, but a couple things - Pictures - I think most everyone has seen the available pics of Michael on the Net - I don't remember anyone ever posting new pics in any of the old forums. Vids and Links can both be put in the On The Net category.

If there's categories that WE can develop, let me know - I say WE, because it doesn't look like we're going to get any new content from the Hedges estate. :(
Rootwitch
Site Admin

Postby tinsmith » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:35 am

Thanks for coming back Jim!!
tinsmith

Postby LowdenF24 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:16 am

Can't say thank you enough over the years, Jim.

And with PhpBB, I can finally read the forums in Firefox!.

Any thoughts about putting a "member's music" section back up? Luckily, I had downloaded any of the MP3s from the original site. But old favorites like "Road KIll Collie" are just itching for follow-ups...

Jeff
LowdenF24

Postby Oracle » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:23 pm

Hey Jim,

Thanks for going through all that you did to get things going again !!
I picked a new "handle" for this time around.

Mike
Last edited by Oracle on Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Rootwitch member formally known as "hedge-head" .
Oracle

Postby Oracle » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:25 pm

LowdenF24 wrote:Can't say thank you enough over the years, Jim.

And with PhpBB, I can finally read the forums in Firefox!.

Any thoughts about putting a "member's music" section back up? Luckily, I had downloaded any of the MP3s from the original site. But old favorites like "Road KIll Collie" are just itching for follow-ups...

Jeff

See Jeff, you should have downloaded all of those tunes before version 1 bit the dust.
I think they survived my transfer to my new desktop.

Mike
The Rootwitch member formally known as "hedge-head" .
Oracle

Postby Hedges001 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Hey Jim, Glad things are back up. Really appreciate all you have done. This is a great site!

Thanks!

jrayburn
Hedges001

Postby Badger » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:20 am

Just want to add my thanks to the list Jim. We all owe you our gratitude for keeping Michaels memory and music alive. Thank You.
One suggestion I have would be to post your old video tutorials. I know they helped me a great deal when I was first learning Michaels techniques.
Thanks again.
Be well.
Badger
Badger

Postby marcel » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Nice to see the forum up and running again.

thanks
Marcel
marcel

Postby Philfollower » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:11 pm

Hi, James -- like the others, I'm really glad that you've been able to start the forums again. MH gave me a new appreciation not only for the guitar, but for music generally -- changed the way I see and hear it. Thanks for all your work to help us stay in touch with his musical legacy.

Any news from the Hedges estate yet?

Cheers -- Kirk
Philfollower

Next

Return to Misc.